17 April 2009

Wine and beer enthusiasts - beware...

I have just read an article on the internet abour people who like to drink wine... It has been revealed that an average person consumes more than 2.000 calories a month, only from drinking wine! The UK's government research suggested that it is the equivalent of 38 roast beef dinners!!! Apparently, a glass of white wine has the same amount of calories as a bag of chips... a pint of beer has as many calories as a sausage roll... my god... I really shouldn't have read that article...

But isn't it like a vicious circle? You drink alcohol, you get hungry... you get hungry while drinking alcohol and you eat more than you normally would...

No wonder I gained few pounds here and there... but I like drinking alcohol... and I like having a bag of nuts with a pint of beer or a glass (or two...) of wine with dinner...

I definitely should go on a diet...





Oh, who am I kidding...? What diet?! I think Slawek and I are going to have a big dinner tonight... accompanied by a bottle of nice wine... :))

No comments:

Post a Comment