30 November 2009

Angie's growing fan base :)

Some of my friends may have let me down recently but my dog's friends circle grows bigger every day.

Angie has been with us for over a year now and has made some good dog friends over the past few months. I have also met some very nice people I would not have met if she were not with us. It may sound silly but it is true - thanks to my dog, I have established new friendships :)

Saffi is the first and the most important of all Angie's friends. I have written about their friendship in my previous posts so I am not going to repeat myself. The important thing is, they are still best buddies, are always crazy with happiness when they see each other and I do not think this is going to change any time soon.

Then, there is Balthazaar, a small, white staff. Angie and Balti (that's how I like to call him) are like two puppies in love. They run around the park for hours, chase each other and try stealing sticks from one another. Angie is faster than Balti and he sometimes gets a bit frustrated when he cannot keep up with her. So what does he do? He gets under Angie and tries to knock her over on her back. He is sometimes successful and when he is, it pisses Angie off because she likes to be the one who is on top all the time...

There is also Bailey, a massive, black English Bull Terrier. Although he looks very fierce, he really is a big, gentle softie. And he is sooooo lazy... I have never seen such a lazy dog in my life! He does not want to run... he does not want to play with sticks... he does not want to chase other dogs. He just stands in one place and watches the "action" unfolding around him. Thankfully, Angie has her own ways of "turning him on" and when he is finally in the mood, he starts chasing her and having some fun. Boy, does he look funny when he runs! Even his facial expression changes.

Then, there is Angus, the White Scottish Terrier. He is a lot smaller than Angie but loves her to pieces. She is very careful when playing with him. Weighting 30kg, she could easily break his neck or injure his spine. She never jumps on him like she does on other, bigger dogs.

Another one is Major, a massive Staffordshire Bull Terrier. He does not really play with other dogs but when he sees Angie, he changes dramatically. He likes to play rough and that is what she likes best!

Now that I think about it, most of Angie's best buddies are big, masculine and strong dogs. Why does she like them so much? And why do they get along so well? For once, I think there is lots of staffs around. Secondly, Angie likes big dogs because she does not have to be careful when playing with them. She loves playing rough and getting physical with other dogs. She can achieve the highest level of enjoyment and playfulness when playing with dogs that like to play tough as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment