24 June 2009

Spain...


I have finally pulled myself together and processed some of the photos I took in Spain a week ago. I went there to visit my friend, Pati. She has lived in Spain for about 8 years and has just recently moved to Mataro - a nice, small town in the province of Barcelona, Catalonia.

We had a fantastic time together... below are few photos I took in Mataro and in Sitges, a coastal town famous for its gay and night life that we visited on Sunday... We had so much fun over there!

a beach in Sitges

a beach in Sitges

a beach in Sitges

sand sculpture



17th century church of Sant Bartomeu i Santa Tecla

one of many unusual terraces

this poem is in Catalan and I have no idea what it is about...

a street in Sitges

El Greco - a sculpture by Josep Reynés I Gurguí

street graffiti

stairs by the sea

morning coffee with Pati

3 comments:

  1. According to my colleague, senor Garcia, the poem says:

    Oh! Sitges, sky and fog,
    sea at your feet, carnations at your nest,
    White of Spain that blinds
    the summer reflections.

    Heart that loves, heart that wishes
    in you alive, that you everything satisfy.
    Your girls have black eyes,
    your houses have blue eyes.

    If I leave you, just half of me,
    give a me a light flower:
    give me a daisy,
    sun eye, snow wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice poem... many thanks to Senor Garcia for translating it :)

    ReplyDelete