8 June 2009

It is official now...

After reading Peter's post about the bunny and the fox, I realised that I have got a bunny at home too... well... not a real bunny-rabbit type of animal but... my dog...

Many websites describe typical characteristics of a pet rabbit and Angie unquestionably falls under several depicted categories:
  
- she can be kept indoors and outdoors...
- she is equipped with enrichment activities such as sticks, balls and other toys...
- she is a very social animal and, like a rabbit, finds her companionship with a variety of creatures, including humans, dogs and other living creatures...
- she is very alert...
- just like a rabbit, she uses her cunning to outwit me whenever she has got a chance...
- she grazes on grass and leafy weeds...
- she jumps in high grass like a bunny...
- she loves carrots...
- she has got really big ears...


Now that I think about it, Angie may not be entirely normal either...
- she drinks while laying down...
- she eats while laying down...
- she always drops all of her toys in a bowl full of water...
- she lets me clean her teeth with a toothbrush...
- I don't have to force my hand down her throat when she is on medication because she loves taking tablets and has no problems eating them whatsoever...
- she would dance on two legs for a piece of carrot...
- she loves taking baths and we cannot leave the bathroom door open because she would jump in and sit in a bathtub patiently waiting for a bath...


I can now officially announce: MY DOG IS CRAZY... 

but it shouldn't really surprise me much... 
all in all... like master, like dog... :))

2 comments:

  1. I have this theory that basset hounds are the product of some kind of weird cross-breed between rabbits and dogs. Presumably Angie isn't a basset?

    There's another breed of dog that looks kinda like a bear to me as well. Can't for the life of me remember what it is. Hmmmm

    anyways, I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, Paul :)

    Angie is not a basset... she's a German Shepherd :)

    A dog that looks like a bear... chow-chow comes to mind, although it looks more like a lion to me...

    ReplyDelete