4 June 2009

It could happen to you :)))


- Honey, what would you like for dinner tonight?
- Anything. I'll eat whatever you make.
- What do you mean anything? Don't you know what you want to eat?
- I'll have pork chops and fried potatoes.
- Yeah, right! Do you think that I don't have anything better to do?! You come back home from work at 7pm! I've already done laundry and homework with the kids! Tell me what you want for dinner!
- But I've just told you I want pork chops...
- Listen, I'm not in the mood to play games with you! Couldn't you eat something like a normal person?
- Ok. Make me potato pancakes, please.
- At 7.30pm?! Are you freaking mad?! Besides, we don't have any potatoes. Why didn't you buy any on your way back home?!
- If you told me, I could have bought some on my way back from work. The market is open until 9pm. 
- Why would you want to buy potatoes in the first place since I've been doing it my whole life?! And by the way, we had potatoes last night. We're not going to eat them every day.
- Baby, you've asked me what I would eat so I told you.
- Oh, just stop with this "I've asked you". I'm asking you for the last time, what do you want for dinner?
- What can I have?
- It's so typical of you! I'm asking what you want and you're answering with a question!
- ... ok... maybe toasts?
- I know you would eat all my toasts knowing that I don't eat any other bread! I'll make spaghetti for dinner... or warm up some frozen meat sauce. Decide already!!!
- Ok... I'll have... meat sauce... I haven't had it for a long time...
- Sauce? Don't you want spaghetti?
- Ok, I'll have spaghetti.
- Finally! Getting something out of you is a real struggle... Do you want some grated parmezan on top?
- You know I don't eat spaghetti with cheese.
- Great! I wake up early in the morning and go to the store to get that damn cheese so you can put it on top of spaghetti and you're telling me now that you don't eat cheese?! Since when?!
- I haven't eaten cheese for 10 years...
- Ok. I'll make you spaghetti... at 8pm.! I'm not going to eat it, neither are the kids. You'll eat it alone! Like you couldn't just eat that frozen meat sauce...
- Of course I can, baby, warm it up for me please.
- Couldn't you have said it before?! Do I really have to drag everything out of you?!
- ...
- Here's your sauce... I'm wondering what I should do with this cheese...?

2 comments:

  1. I'd run away after 2 minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slawek must be a very patient person then…

    I’m just joking...

    Or am I...? Maybe I’m not as extreme as the lady in question but I could definitely find some resemblance ;)

    I’m a freak... oh well...

    ReplyDelete