8 January 2010

My Guilty Pleasures

Everybody has a guilty pleasure. Some people have just one. Others have several. Some people talk about them openly, others prefer to keep certain information to themselves. The truth is, most of us crave for something naughty and most of us feel guilty for enjoying it. So do I.

When thinking about my guilty pleasures, I thought I would have difficulties coming up with one. Surprise, surprise... The list got a big long but I will stick to just a few guilty pleasures of mine...

1. Watching Big Brother is certainly one of my biggest guilty pleasures. I don't know what is so interesting about this show, I find people taking part in it highly miserable and annoying and it is completely boring most of the time. Yes, I know I'm wasting my time watching it. And yet, I watch it. Thank God I am sometimes hit with moments of clarity that are followed by a good, loud blow of guilt to my head.

2. Drinking Drambuie, Southern Comfort or Disaronno. What can I say? I like having a drink while taking a bath or watching a movie. Is that really something I should feel guilty about...?

3. Chinese food... I know it is full of fat and contains lots of calories. But I just can't help it...

4. This one is quite obvious - chocolate. I cannot live without it. As a matter of fact I think I am addicted to it. But guess what? I don't care! Forbidden fruits taste the best and so does chocolate. To be honest, I don't even feel guilty for eating it several times per every day...

5. Shoes... "Do you really need another pair?", the guilty conscience on my right shoulder asks. "Of course you do, dummy!!! Buy them!!!", the Devil on my left whispers. I always listen to the latter...

2 comments: