4 August 2009

Blackberries

We went blackberry picking on Saturday again. The day before, I had collected 10 small jars with the idea of making blackberry jam and blackberry syrup.

I think we picked more than 4kg of blackberries. They were big, black and really sweet. I rinsed them with water when we got home on Saturday afternoon. I, then, put them in a big pan, powdered lots of sugar on top and left them for several hours (in this case, for the whole night). Next morning, the blackberries were covered with sweet, yummy syrup. I squashed some juice from a whole lemon, carefully stirred the blackberries and boiled them on a low heat for few minutes. I put them in jars while they were still hot and I poured the remaining syrup in 3 glass bottles. Surprisingly, from 4kg of blackberries, I got only 5 small jars of jam...

We are definitely going blackberry picking next weekend!!!

Oh, one more thing. Of course, we took Angie with us as well and, to my biggest surprise, she loves blackberries!!! How strange is that?!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy!! :-)
    My doggy loved grapes and apples.

    ReplyDelete