22 July 2009

Strange frames of mind...

I turned on a computer and checked my emails this morning. Except of several scam messages, I have not received anything important. I then clicked on my blog's icon. The main page of my blog opened, I clicked on New Post icon. I was starring at the monitor for good 20 minutes and I finally realized I was not able to come up with any topic to jot down. Even though there are so many things I would like to write about, so many thoughts I would like to share, somehow I just could not come up with any sensible subject.

I have not been in a very good mood lately and I think this fact greatly affects my thinking processes...

I have promised myself not to bore anybody with my swinging moods and uneven frames of mind. I do not really want to write about the reasons... why something happened... why something has not happened... why something has influenced the way I am... and what I would love to happen in order for my mood to go back into its original, happy place...

Yet, I write this blog to share my thoughts, whether they are happy or not-so-happy thoughts, with whoever wants to read them. On the other hand, however, I write this blog for my own pleasure and satisfaction. Of course it is great when other people read my posts, find them interesting and come back to read more. It means that what I do, what I think and write is interesting enough for somebody to keep coming back. But if I think about it, I really write this blog for myself. Why? I don't know... Maybe it is because it makes me ME... Maybe it is because I want to record some of the things that happen in my life and read them in few years time... Maybe sharing my thoughts and my experiences with virtual strangers is what really drags me into writing and exposing myself to the world... I actually like reading other peoples' blogs... it creates a sense of virtual voyeurism... And I like when people read my posts as well... What is it called? A virtual narcissism?

Anyway... I started off with a general wonderment of whether I should write about my low mood and ended up writing about the reasons behind writing my blog... It simply shows how disconnected I have been lately...

Ok, I have made up my mind. I am not going to write about what is bothering me... about my problems however serious or not serious they might be... or about my roller-coaster mood. I will keep it to myself... It is better that way...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Izabell,

    Your blog is yours to use as you want.

    All I will say is that by writing everything in mine - how I feel, what I have been up to, the good and the bad - I have created an outlet. I know sometimes readers may not approve of what I record but I need to do it so that I have somewhere I can be completely honest. I can't tell you how much it has helped me.

    Thank you for your lovely comments. I look forward to coming back here too.

    Selina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Izabell

    nice blog! It's good to read someone else who feels in a pretty similar way to me about doing it.

    I figure I could always write in my own diary if I want to keep it to myself, but I like putting it out there. Imprinting something of myself onto the web, freely available to anyone with a computer.

    Everyone is free to read or ignore. It's a low pressure deal!

    Keep those blogs coming, I'll check in and see what you write. I hope you cheer up soon

    Paul

    ReplyDelete